A Great Way to Learn About Software: SETC Webinars
Webinars are now available for clock hours! You must take at least three one-hour webinars in the course of the school year to be eligible for clock hours since the minimum number of hours that can be earned is three. The SETC will track the number of webinar clock hours you accumulate over the year and will report the final tally to you at the end of the year. If, at that time, you wish to register for those clock hours we will send you the appropriate form. Our clock hours are available through ESD105. Please contact ESD105 to submit your clock hours claim and pay for each of the credits.
This year the Special Education Technology Center will continue offering FREE webinars on various software topics. Beginning in September these webinars will occur most weeks, Monday through Thursday from 3:30 to 4:30. Most of these presentations will be introductory level.
We have recently changed our webinar service provider. The ReadyTalk system can be accessed on both Mac and Windows platforms. (On the Mac only OS 10.6 and above is supported.) Webinars can be joined from any location (school, home or other) where you have Internet access and a telephone. The Ready Talk program also offers a mobil app for iPad.
For those who are not familiar with webinars they work like this:
- Check below for a list of offerings.
- Login to the website ReadyTalk.com
- Click on Participant Access Code.
- Enter the Access Code 9633350, 9633351, or 9633352 (No PIN or Password is required).
- The system may ask for a participant Registration, this is your name, e-mail, phone and company.
- Dial the toll free phone number 866.740.1260
- After making these connections you will be able to view the presentation on your computer screen, listen to the presenter's explanations, and ask questions.
- If you experience problems, please call the SETC office at 509.963.3350.
- At the conclusion of the webinar you will click a button to log out, hang up the phone and move on to your evening activities!
Clock Hours information will be available at the time of the event.
Clock hours are not free, they are purchased through ESD 105.